The Athlete Marketing Specialist will work with BD's world-class Athlete team. This position will provide a unique opportunity to be part of the daily operations of growing an iconic outdoor brand. He/she is the driver of innovation/creativity, executing a long lasting and state of the art athletes’ program.
Success will be measured by reviewing our athlete program awareness and results, evaluating the athletes’ performance, and measuring the positive impact on brand and product perception.
- Build relationships with International, North American athletes and visiting athletes.
- Identify new emerging athlete talent within the sports we serve.
- Complete monthly recaps on all International athlete activity and assess team’s progress towards KPIs.
- Receives and responds to athlete requests from Communications, Brand, Content, Sales and Category Directors.
- Develop and initiate branding plans for athletes’ team including driving ongoing innovative design/visibility & execution for each athlete.
- Oversee product & branding needs for all International and North American athletes.
- Manages third party athlete coordination (i.e., athlete partners).
- Supervise travel and logistics for athletes pertaining to events, projects, activation, and partnerships.
- Develop Black Diamond-owned athletes programs/projects for selected athletes.
- Actively participate in annual business planning and create new athlete concepts.
- Create annual 360 activation plans for all International and North American athletes in alignment with the Brand, Communication and Content team.
- Gather athletes’ insights, scout new talents via field visits, partnership opportunities and Black Diamond’s general network.
- Work closely with Communications and Content team on athletes’ projects
- Create comprehensive athlete calendars.
- Manage contract workflow for International and North American athletes by partnering with finance and legal teams.
- Manage design and product testing workflow for all athletes by partnering with Category managers and their respective design and engineering teams.
- Keeps athletes’ profiles and achievement up to date on Black Diamond owned channels.
- Assume responsibility for resource planning and budget management of the International and North American athletes marketing program.
- Deliver regular reports of athletes’ results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field.
- Required: 1-3 Sports Business and/or Sports Marketing.
- Preferred: One year experience with mountain sports and their respective scenes, on a global level.
Skills and general experience:
- Ideally knowledgeable of the sports & outdoors industry and good net worker!
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people of all levels are required.
- Good knowledge of human nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work .
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment and ability to live and represent Black Diamond.
- Able to travel as needed; work flexible hours/days of week and weekends.
- Valid Passport. Ability to travel domestically as well as abroad as needed.
At BD, benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, as well as other wellness benefits, 401k, vacation and wellness time off, and company paid holidays. If that isn't enough, we are also a pet-friendly workplace with a casual dress code! If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy employee discounts on BD gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.