Part-time Non Instructional/Athletic Coach
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide leadership, instruction, coordination and direction to athletic program specific to sport and season. Provide leadership and instruction with the personal and athletic development of student-athletes. Develop an exemplary athletic program specific to sport and season.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
* Direct and coordinate all activities of the athletic program and staff.
* Ensure compliance of all rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
* Head coaches complete performance evaluation of assistant coaches.
* Monitor and/or support monitoring of personal, academic and athletic progress of student-athletes.
* Direct and/or support the staff in the preparing, analyzing and planning for opponents.
* Organize, verify and maintain all supplied equipment and uniforms.
* Organize and conduct and/or support the organization and conducting of all meetings, practices, scrimmages and contests.
* Ensure that medical and emergency requirements are exercised appropriately at all times.
* Direct the supervision of all practice and team functions at all times
* Direct and/or support the supervision of staff, student- athletes, managers and others for all related activities and programs, including transportation to and from practices, games and team functions.
* Maintain positive on- going communication with student-athletes, parents, community, other coaches, school staff and the media
* Store all equipment and uniforms in a safe, secure location
* Attend all mandatory athletic department meetings as required
* Attend coaching clinics to improve and enhance coaching skills
* Process and submit all required forms and paperwork.
* Perform all other duties and responsibilities as required.
* Develop and maintain positive season & post-season results.
* State Coaching Certificate or ability to obtain a permit
* Previous satisfactory coaching experience
* Valid First Aid & CPR certification
UNION AFFILIATION: N/A
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-Time based on duration of sport and season..
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered for opportunities for the 2018-2019 school year, all internal and external applicants must submit a completed New Haven Public Schools online application.
NOTE: Position subject to available funding. Additional responsibilities and expectations are specific to work site and/or content area. Required training and professional development sessions are included in the weekly hours, New Haven Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. The description should not be construed as a complete listing of all duties or as a contract. In all cases, these relationships, functions, and their applications are subject to change by the Superintendent of Schools.