Provide personalized attention and professional fitness instruction to Explosive Performance members, build training business through referrals, and improve members’ lives under the management of the Explosive Performance Site Director and with the Explosive Performance team.
- Develop and maintain your training business
- Help recruit and retain Explosive Performance members
- Monitor, coach, and instruct members in safe and effective exercise tactics
- Support and participate in efforts that promote Explosive Performance to become the leading sport-specific training company in the nation through education, effort, and ingenuity
- Provide high level of personal service and attention
- Conduct fitness assessments and Smart Start appointments
- Respond appropriately to questions, comments, and complaints from members, guests, and visitors
- Highlight and promote all activities, events, training programs, and services
- Participate in special events to recruit and educate members
- Qualify all leads using the Exercise Readiness Questionnaire and Member Questionnaire
- Attend all mandatory EP meetings and development
- Record floor hours worked and upload into the online backup system prior to commission deadline
- Only redeem personal training sessions for which service has been rendered or forfeited due to 24-hour cancellation policy
- Only provide ongoing service to members with a personal training agreement on file
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Complete all in-house training as assigned
- Assume other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to conduct Smart Start and movement analysis, and create appropriate fitness programs for members
- Train on Explosive Performance-specific methods such as: Trigger Point Therapy, Active Isolated Stretching, Dynamic Flexibility, Linear Speed, Acceleration, Multi-Directional Speed, Functional Movement Screening, Keiser Power, TRX training
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized Personal Training certification from a US Fitness accepted provider
- CPR/AED required
- Current continuing education credentials required
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm\u0027s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you have an inquiry about an application or have a physical and/or mental disability and need special accommodations applying for a job using our online application system, please call 703-740-9009.
Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“uniformed service member status”), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law.