This position will work 24 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Licensed Athletic Trainer
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for high school and event coverage as a part of the outreach team per assigned high school contract.
Cover assigned ATC duties:
* Visit assigned high schools five times a week.
* Cover athletic events as specified by individual high school contracts.
* Participate in medical coverage for community events as requested.
* Continue to be a educational resource for athletes, coaches, parents, and school staff:
· Student athletic trainer workshops
· Coaches clinics
· Attend public relations events
* Ability to empower leadership.
* Person must be self-directed.
* Must abide by department mission, values, vision statement and specified goals and objectives.
* Must be able to communicate effectively.
* Must demonstrate ability to communicate to give adequate directions and instructions to subordinates.
* ATC - Must be a graduate of an approved Athletic Training program and be certified by NATA as an 'Athletic Trainer'.
* Bachelor's degree is sufficient but Master's degree is preferred.
* Wisconsin licensure or eligible for athletic training license.
* CSCS or PES certification a plus.
* Certified CPR Instructor a plus.
* Work experience is recommended.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Working Conditions:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Along with this, working outside and in high school athletic facilities is common, and required for this position.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range. Requires exposure to communicable disease and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress in emergency situations or during irregular hours.
* Must be able to assist with or transfer athletes of various weight/heights.
* Must be able to push carts with athletic equipment on them.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time, have good mobility skills and be able to walk long distances.
* Must be able to carry training kit and coolers for long distances.
* Assist with ultrasound, and perform taping rehab for athletes.
* Required to carry medical/emergency kits daily up to 70 lbs
* Pull 20lbs daily -- water cart
* May need to push athlete in wheelchair
* May need to lift an athlete weighing 50 -- 250 lbs when injured and can't get to feet (with assistance of others)
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United State and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled