Athletic Trainer job in Jacksonville, North Carolina.
The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system providing care to the military community.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday work schedule
- Full-time hours
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Athletic Trainer Job Overview:
- Provides Human Performance Program (HPP) services for SOF Tactical Athletes within the ATC's scope of practice as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
- Provide instruction and guidance to help prevent injuries and maximize SOF Tactical Athlete physical conditioning and performance.
- Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement. Should a meeting occur outside of regular working hours, the ATC is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated in the meeting.
- Serve as an advisor to the HPP managers for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
- Collaborate throughout the HPP to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
- Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure the HPP stays current with the provision of care.
- Participate in quarterly peer (record) reviews for non-privileged healthcare providers.
- Participate in the collection and reporting of workload data as requested by the HPP and HP Managers.
- Assist the HPP managers in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient care and contributes to a safe working environment.
- Attend annual required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain certification.
- Perform clinical and administrative tasks as assigned by the HPP managers.
- In addition to the personal appearance standards given in the basic contract, the ATCs shall maintain the personal appearance standards given in this paragraph. Uniform shall consist of a collared Polo-like shirt with organizational logo (provided), Khaki-like pants, and footwear/outerwear appropriate for the work location.
Athletic Trainer Job Qualifications:
- BLS for Healthcare Providers by AHA
- Certification in Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Graduate of an Athletic Training program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training or a related field
- At least three years of demonstrated experience in a team sports medicine or military environment
- Minimum of one-year experience within the past 3 years utilizing Functional Movement Screen (FMS) or Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) in a team sports or military environment
- Credential Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) through the Board of Certification, Inc. (BOC) and maintain a current, unrestricted license to practice athletic training in any one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Shall be capable of meeting physical demands of training with military Special Operations Forces (SOF) including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms. The level of participation in these activities shall be sufficient to appreciate and identify possible causal injury factors in Marine training.
Position contingent on contract award. Early Summer 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse