Job ID: 286910
We Are Hiring
Athletic Trainer - SVSP Outreach - Part-Time, Evening - Indianapolis-8227 Northwest Bl - Indianapolis, IN
primarily M-F 2pm-7pm, Weekend availability required.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Athletic trainers in the St Vincent Sports Performance program are supported by a direct line of communication and oversight by six (6) Board Certified, Sports Medicine Fellowship Trained Physicians. Each athletic trainer has direct access to the physicians, immediate access to support personnel for timely response and information. Athletic trainers have access to the St Vincent Sports Performance sports dietitians, sports psychologist, strength and conditioning specialist, physical therapist and a cadre of athletic trainers.
What Indy Has to Offer:
Indianapolis is a unique environment for the sports industry professional. The opportunities to network and work alongside leaders in the sporting industry is right in Indianapolis. Headquarters for the NCAA, National Federation of High Schools, USA Diving, USA Track & Field , USA Football, Indiana High School Athletic Association, the Horizon League and the American College of Sports Medicine.
Events in Indianapolis
• USA Diving Olympic Trials
• NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Regional
• NBA All Star Game
• NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four
• Big Ten Football Championship Game
• College Football Playoff Championship Game
• NCAA Convention
• Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament
What You Will Do
As an Athletic Trainer with St. Vincent Health, you will have the opportunity to assesse injuries and manages comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- Develop conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Design and implement comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluate and manage injuries. Maintains medical documentation on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepare athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
Within St. Vincent Sports Performance, you will have access to state of art equipment:
• St Vincent Center | Indiana Pacers Training Center | 17,000 sf facility
• St Vincent Sports Performance at Clay Terrace | 30,000 sf facility
• Bertec® Force Plates
• Health Roster® communication software
Some Exciting Opportunities That Set Us Apart:
• Indiana Sports Corp. Partnership- St Vincent Sports Performance is the exclusive healthcare provider to all sporting events coordinated by the ISC. Events include, but not limited to, Big Ten Conference Football Championship, Big Ten Men’s / Women’s Basketball Tournaments, NCAA Rowing Championships, NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four.
• Motor Sports- St Vincent Sports Performance is the healthcare provider to Ganassi Racing, Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Ed Carpenter Racing, and Andretti Autosports. St Vincent Sports Performance manages the healthcare oversight of these teams and their drivers at all IndyCar® events including the Indianapolis 500®.
• USA Football- St Vincent Sports Performance is the exclusive provider of healthcare to the National Teams of USA Football. Our athletic trainers and physicians are on-site with the USA Football National Teams for domestic and international events.
• USA Track & Field- St Vincent Sports Performance is the provider of healthcare for USATF athletes at all IAAF Diamond League® Meetings. Our associates travel to track & field meets in cities such as Monaco, Shanghai, Oslo, London, Paris, Brussels, and Rome.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Athletic Trainer credentialed from the Indiana Athletic Trainers Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- NATABOC Certification, IN Athletic Trainer license
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)