Providence is calling an Athletic Trainer (Physical Therapy, Days, 1.0) to Providence St. Joseph Medical Center in Polson, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess and provide appropriate injury prevention, management and rehabilitation to athletes within the guidelines of the NATA and state licensing board regulations.
- Evaluate athletes and initiate appropriate treatment using accepted techniques in the school(s) setting.
- Communicate and advise frequently and effectively with others involved in athlete's care regarding scheduling, treatment plans, progress and participation status.
- Provide and maintain accurate, thorough, legible and timely patient and non-patient related documentation, handwritten and/or computerized, in accordance with department and school district policies and procedure.
- Keep informed of health care issues, changing department procedures, and other department information by attending staff/team meetings and/or reading staff meeting minutes, e-mails, and newsletters.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to adjust daily schedule to meet service area demands and cover special events as requested.
- Provide acomfortable, orderly, clean, and safe work environment, securing appropriate supplies as necessary. Promote injury prevention by communicating with coaches and school personnel in identification of potential concerns.
- Aware of any dynamic psychosocial dysfunctioning occurring within the patient or within his/her environment and takes appropriate steps to correct them.
- Determine a need for adaptive equipment and instructs the patient’s family in its use including safety measures.
- Discuss goals and treatment plans with patient and family.