We are looking for Athletic Trainers who want to join our Team at the Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington! This is a new requirement to support the Holistic Health and Fitness System from the US Army. You will be an integrated member of a Brigade-based multi-disciplinary team focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army's new Holistic Health and Fitness System. The tentative start date is 01 October 2021. (This may be subject to change)
JOB DESCRIPTION INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO
- Screen target population for conditions related to readiness and deployability, within scope of practice, as defined by the NATA and refer to the clinical supervisor as appropriate and in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Apply, evaluate and modify prophylactic and protective equipment and techniques for Soldiers to minimize the risk of injury or re-injury per unit requisitioning procedures
- Provide medical screening, assessments, and treatment services at designated locations. ATs shall provide emergency first aid and immediate treatment for a soft-tissue injury, acute inflammation/edema, and pain related to musculoskeletal injury or trauma.
- Prepare physical profile to document functional limitations up to 7 days, with no more than an additional 7-day extension.
- If needed, may communicate with the clinical supervisor or privileged provider through virtual health if that is the best method of communication for their location.
- May assist with the proper execution of special conditioning programs, such as reconditioning of injured Soldiers and enhanced conditioning of low-fit, high-risk Soldiers IAW FM 7-22
- Provide education, instruction, and guidance to Soldiers and unit leadership, within scope of practice that is synchronized with all unit training calendars, to include generating training materials to support the unitâ€™s requirements and the Commanderâ€™s intent
- Serve as unit ATs and advisor on basic acute care, injury control, reconditioning, and performance optimization
- Coordinate with Strength and Conditioning Coaches, Master Fitness Trainers, Master Resilience Trainers, and Battalion Command Sergeant Majors and Company 1st Sergeants as requested/needed to support unit development and execution of physical readiness training for Soldiers with and without physical limitations, IAW FM 7-22
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used within their work capacity which contributes to a safe working environment.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO
- Have two years of relevant AT work experience within the last five years
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- A passing score from the Board of Certification (BOC) for the Athletic Trainer examination and hold credentials of Athletic Trainer, Certified (ATC)
- An unrestricted state license/registration/certification in any of the 49 regulated states; the District of Colombia; or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the US Virgin Islands to provide health care within the scope of practice for ATs per state practice acts
- Have a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification
- Have U.S. Citizenship (copy of birth certificate or naturalization papers required)
- Have the ability to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with Soldiers, staff and other AT
- Demonstrate sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, and social sensitivity such that they can relate to a variety of Soldiers from diverse backgrounds
- Have the ability to operate a personal or Government computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel
- Must be willing to undergo and pass a background check
French Consulting is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Powered by JazzHR