With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
Orthotic fitters make sure that medical braces, prosthetic limbs, arch supports, and other medical devices properly fit patients by using equipment to help mold and alter the devices to the patients' specifications. They monitor the patients over time and make any necessary changes to the devices to keep them in good condition.
The Orthotic Fitter is specifically trained and qualified to participate in the fitting and delivery of prefabricated orthotic devices and/or soft goods related to a patient’s needs, as indicated by an orthotic practitioner or physician.
An Orthotic Fitter is competent to practice orthotics within a scope of practice that is specific to fitting certain prefabricated and off-the-shelf orthoses that do not require more than minor modification.
Depending on the operational requirements, size of the Hanger Clinic and subject to limitations imposed by state and/or local law, your role may include some or all of the functions listed below.
- Collaborate with orthotic practitioners in the evaluation and analysis of a patient’s need for orthotic services
- Examine and evaluate patient's needs in relation to disease and functional loss.
- Perform fitting, and execute minor modifications as necessary.
- Evaluate orthotic device on patient, adjust to assure fit, function, medical efficacy, and quality of work.
- Instruct patient in use of orthopedic device.
- Identify and reconcile issues/problems to ensure patient satisfaction with devices provided.
- Follow up with patients and physicians.
- Provide in-service training to physicians and allied health care professionals.
- Provide detailed clinical notes to patient records.
- Assist other clinical staff.
- Provide information to administrative staff to conduct reimbursement activities.
- Adhere to all safety regulations; compliance with Medicare and other governmental regulations; compliance with bloodborne and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
- Current certification as a Certified Fitter of Orthotics (i.e., American Board Certified (ABC)) or board eligible for certification, or
- Minimum of six months experience in providing customer service in the following settings; sports rehab, fitness, healthcare, and medical office or retail.
- Prefer 2 years successful experience providing orthotic services under the supervision of a certified clinician.
In an effort to maintain our highest level of customer service to our patients, no phone calls or walk-ins from prospective candidates, recruiters, staffing agencies or contractors will be accepted by the hiring Hanger Clinic. All inquiries will be directed to Human Resources.
Additional Success Factors
Demonstrated ability to effectively fit and deliver non-custom orthotic devices such as; cervical orthoses not requiring more than minor modification; pressure gradient host; trusses; non-complex prefabricated spinal orthoses and prefabricated orthoses of upper and lower extremities (excluding those used in treatment of bone fractures).
Thorough understanding of medical terminology.
Effective communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentation and reports to patient and staff.
Ability to instruct clinical and non-clinical personnel and customers on objectives of patient care services.
Active listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charts and correspondence.
Good interpersonal skills and ability to build professional relationships with physicians, therapists and patients.
Ability to work effectively as a team member.
Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Reimbursement of certification fees.
- Access to the latest research and techniques in the O&P field.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.