Athletic Trainer - PRN (as needed)-7469-3008
As a part of Duke LifePoint Healthcare, our community hospital is being supported with more resources than ever before. Duke LifePoint combines Duke University Health System's unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence, quality and patient safety with LifePoint Health's financial resources and extensive operational experience - making our hospital even stronger.
Duke LifePoint Healthcare's pledge to our hospital and the communities we serve is quality, expertise and commitment.
· Quality is the cornerstone of Duke LifePoint, and it is the central focus of everything the organization and our hospital strive to achieve.
· Duke LifePoint pledges to bring a wealth of expertise and resources to strengthen the already excellent care our hospital delivers.
· And, Duke LifePoint's commitment is to work collaboratively with our hospital to make our community healthier by strengthening local healthcare delivery for the future.
For more information about Duke LifePoint, visit www.dukelifepointhealthcare.com .
- Prevention of injury: equipment checks for proper fit, develop and assist with school conditioning programs, educate about proper skill techniques, etc,Performs evaluations and diagnosis of injuries at outreach locations.
- Provides immediate care for injuries at outreach locations and during athletic events.
- Provides treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning for injuries at outreach locations.
- Prepares written documentation as required by their department and athletic training profession, NATA and NC licensure law/guidelines.
- Enhances professional growth and development through such activities as professional affiliations; participation in educational programs, inservice meetings, and review of current literature.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assists with care and maintenance of equipment and supplies at outreach locations.
- Covers all home sporting events at primarily assigned high school as well as all football practices and games.
- Visits assigned middle schools a minimum of 1x per week. Visits secondarily assigned high schools as needed.
- Provides supervision to athletic training students.
- Follow up care of existing injuries currently under a physicians care.
- Additional field responsibilities will also include participation in student-athlete pre-participation physicals, event coverage at high schools, middle schools and recreational programs, educational symposiums and selected community service events as assigned.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Director of Frye’s Therapy Services.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Athletic Training/Sports medicine
- Current North Carolina Licensure must be maintained. NATA membership. CPR Certified.All are the individual’s responsibility to maintain.