Castleton University seeks a qualified candidate for a tenure-track faculty position in Athletic Training beginning July 2020. The successful candidate will be expected to 1) teach graduate courses within the Master of Athletic Training program, and undergraduate courses within the Kinesiology/Pre-Athletic Training program; 2) evaluate students' clinical proficiencies; 3) advise students for curriculum advancement and graduation requirements; 4) contribute to service within the athletic training profession; 5) be actively involved in professional development and scholarly activities in accordance with University requirements and area of contemporary expertise in the field of athletic training.
- Current certification and good standing with the Board of Certification (BOC) as an athletic trainer for a minimum of five years.
- Current athletic training licensure in the state of Vermont by the Office of Professional Regulation or obtain Vermont licensure prior to the start date.
- Minimum two years of professional clinical practice experience in direct patient care.
- Record of contemporary expertise commensurate with clinical experience and education that demonstrates a strong potential for teaching graduate courses in an athletic training curriculum.
- Proven record of professional services or possess a strong potential for service to the University and the athletic training profession.
- Earned doctorate in athletic training or related field (A.B.D. candidates will be considered).
Castleton places a special value on the teaching role of its faculty, therefore candidates for this position will be evaluated on the basis of their potential to be outstanding teachers. We also invite applicants from candidates actively engaged in scholarly work and interested in promoting undergraduate research and securing external funding. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with colleagues are also essential. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
Castleton is a growing and vibrant university of about 2,000 undergraduates located in the beautiful lakes region of western Vermont. Castleton currently offers nine graduate degree programs.
Questions about Castleton, the Master of Athletic Training program, or the position should be directed to the chair of the search, Professor Reese Boucher (Reese.Boucher@castleton.edu). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Castleton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be willing to submit to a criminal background check. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of this check.
Applicants needing special accommodations should contact Human Resources at email@example.com.