Join our ATMP IEWTPT team. We are responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the DCGS-A family of systems within the IEWTPT system. The IEWTPT team identifies, researches, and implements updates and maintenance in addition to systems administration duties. The team works both telephonically and on site in both Garrison and Field environments. Our goal is to enhance system security while not impeding performance of the services that support training organizations and events.
As a IEWTPT Engineer, you will be part of a team that provides maintenance support to the IEWTPT systems. Analyzes and administers the technical architecture of Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks. Researches, runs tests, evaluates, and recommends telecommunications and data network systems. Interfaces with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware installation. Supports complex PCs and LAN/WAN networks throughout the organization. Specifically, you will:
- Maintain system at specified operational readiness rates
- Provide telephonic and onsite support for the systems
- Meet, Coordinate and plan with the Government customer
- Perform and implement Quality Control tasks
- Manage and Maintain System logs
- Assist in the development of training support packages
- Conduct Security Audits, built-in tests and system diagnostics
- Administer, develop, run tests on, implement, and maintains network and related software.
- Prepare technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs to record results
- Implement Security Updates
- Support Military Exercises in Garrison and the Field
- Develop integration plans and performs hardware integrations and manages documentation schematics and modifications.
- Configure network devices, communications devices, and peripheral equipment to operate within designated networks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software, operating system, and networking problems
- Perform logistic support requirements such as research, and equipment and spare part inventories.
- Provide Technical representation at meetings and consultations with clients or their representatives.
- Maintain strong attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work as a member of a cohesive team as well as independently.
- Interact with all levels of the organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful way.
- Multi-task efficiently and work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Travel TDY to multiple locations within your assigned area of operations with the majority of time spent providing repairs in a shop environment and at the customer location
- Learn quickly and transfer knowledge from system to system and team member to team member
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other Engineering or Math or (8) years of professional work experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the area of local and wide area networking, communications and related hardware and software.
- Demonstrated ability on multiple systems in the DCGS-A facility of Systems
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Solid understanding of Microsoft, Linux or Solaris operating systems and networking
- Knowledge and experience with IEWTPT
- Ability to work independently and in a mentorship position
- Demonstrated experience with digital Knowledge Management (e.g., MS SharePoint, CML, others) as a power user
- Demonstrated experience with task / workflow management (e.g., Project Forge, Visio, MS Project) as a power user
- Demonstrated ability in writing and implementing technical instructions and plans (e.g., Configuration Management Library Plans (CMP) and Standard Operating Procedures SOP)
- Power user in MS Word and Excel (e.g., word doc merges, csv export into excel, excel formulas / filtering)
- Expert communication skills; able to coordinate, collect, assimilate and share information gathered from technical and non-technical personnel
- A self-starter, willing to work independently and take complete ownership of complex problems
- Ability to obtain DoD 8570 IAT level II certification requirements (including Security+)
- Ability to obtain TS-SCI Clearance and a CI POLY
- Demonstrated skills and expertise in the following technologies: Networking technologies i.e CISCO, Server Administrator (SA), Microsoft O/S and security, Redhat Linux,
- CCNA certification
- MSCE certification
- RHCSA certification
- Demonstrated experience in a deployed or field environment
- Ability to obtain TS-SCI Clearance and a CI POLY
KeyW EEO Statement- KeyW is an EEO employer. We are committed to providing fair and equal employment consideration, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
About the Organization
KeyW is a pure-play national security solutions provider for the Intelligence, Cyber and Counterterrorism Communities' toughest challenges. We support the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of information across the full spectrum of their missions. We employ and challenge more than 2,000 of the most talented professionals in the industry with solving such complex problems as preventing cyber threats, transforming data into intelligence and combating global terrorism.
KeyW, together with its direct and indirect subsidiaries, encourages and actively supports a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and commits to provide equal opportunity to each individual, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other classifications protected by Federal, State or local law. In fact, we foster an environment that promotes diversity, balance and fun—because we believe in the importance of having a workplace as unique as the challenges we solve.