LOCATION:Cermak Health Services, 2800 S California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608/Mental Health
SHIFT:5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. weekdays, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekends (Part-time – Less than 20 hours weekly)
Applicants may apply for this position online or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address: CermakRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org. When submitting a resume/CV by email, you must include the job title and posting number in the subject line of your email. An application or resume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papers must be attached to the online application or must be included with your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference document requirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
Cermak Health Services (CERMAK) provides healthcare to the detainees at the Cook County Department of Corrections. The Correctional Psychiatrist works under the direct clinical supervision of the Chief of Psychiatry and with the Unit Director/Correctional Psychologist as a treatment team leader for the mental health professionals and other health disciplines, as well as custody staff, assigned to the respective unit.The psychiatrist may be assigned to intake, urgent care, acute, residential or outpatient treatment units, providing comprehensive psychiatric assessment/diagnosis, medication management, therapy and discharge planning to the inmate population of the jail.
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical college or university
- Must be licensed as a physician in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must be board certified in Psychiatry or eligible for certification
- Current and valid Illinois Controlled Substances license or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Current and valid licensure with the Federal DEA
- Current and valid certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or have the ability to obtain certification prior to starting employmentMust successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date.
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing.Please note:If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date.Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status.Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
- A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan and Deferred Compensation Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link:http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States' territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
*CCHHS is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTHIS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER