LOCATION: JOHN H STROGERJR HOSPITAL
AMBULATORY AND COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK
Applicants may apply for this positiononline or submit a resume/ CV to the following email address:MDRecruit@cookcountyhhs.org
When submitting aresume/CV by email, youmust include the job title and posting numberin thesubject line of your email. An application orresume/CV must be filed for each position which interests you.
To receive Veteran Preference, appropriate discharge papersmust be attached to the onlineapplication or must be includedwith your emailed resume/CV. Please refer to Veteran Preference documentrequirements listed on the bottom of this posting.
- Conducts eight(8) to nine (9) direct patient care sessions per week, as assigned by ACHNclinical leadership
- Functions as amember of the healthcare team in the health center, working collaborativelywith mid-level providers, as assigned
- Participates instaff and other related meetings, complete all clinical administrative dutiesin a timely fashion, and participate in quality improvement and qualityassurance activities of the health center, as assigned
- Cares forhospitalized patients as assigned by medical leadership, as needed
- Serves on CookCounty Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS) and ACHN committees, andparticipates in community activities as assigned by medical leadership
- Participates inteaching activities for medical students, house-staff, and other healthprofessionals
- Participates incommunity-based research projects
- Maintains continuingmedical education (CME) and participates in other professional activities
- Works varyinghours as determined by changing clinic, and CCHHS needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy Medicine (DO) degree or foreign equivalent
- Must be licensed as a physician and surgeon in the State of Illinois or have the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must have an Illinois and Federal controlled substance license orhave the ability to obtain license prior to starting employment
- Must have successfully completed a Family Medicine Residency program
- Must be Board certified in Family Medicine, or must achieve certification within two (2) years of hire
- One (1) year of prior experience in primary care practice
- One (1) year of experience providing medical care to underserved populations
- One (1) year of experience with electronic medical record documentation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Ability to work varying hours as determined by changing clinic, and CCHHS needs
- Demonstrate superb hand washing and sanitizing practices
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with clinical documentation requirements
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member in a multidisciplinary team
·Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
·Basic Term Life Insurance
·Deferred Compensation Program
·Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
·You may also qualify forthe Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following link: http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
***Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territories and Canada must be credentialed by an approved U. S. credential evaluation service belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents bust be presented at time of interview. ***
Must successfully meet the credentialing standards established by the Cook County Health and Hospitals System to include a State of Illinois MD license and any other license, certification, or specialized training, etc. no later than two (2) weeks prior to the candidate’s start date.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.
COOK COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER