Are you a customer service minded attorney? Do you have solid technical expertise in contract drafting and negotiating? Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic in-house legal team? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself to the highest standards? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting, long-term opportunity for you. Who are we? We are ARCO, The Design/Build Experts.
We are looking for a customer service minded Attorney to join our established legal team in Chicago. You’ll be responsible for all facets of the day-to-day legal activities of our ARCO Design Build family of companies.
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Generously funded profit sharing
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the right thing. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team located in St. Louis and Chicago to implement enterprise-wide, accepted approaches to managing contract and other risks
- Collaborate closely with project managers and leaders to understand business objectives when negotiating agreements
- Collaborate with and advise members of the safety, finance, IT, and HR teams
- Review, draft, and negotiate various construction and other contracts
- Manage, maintain, and coordinate all documentation related to construction contracts
- Assess and mitigate ARCO’s risk and provide suggestions to leadership
- Maintain and grow relationships with vendors and title companies
- Assist Operations & Leadership in managing contract and other claims
- Multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment
- Must be a licensed attorney with 4-7 years of experience
- Experienced in a construction organization or firm preferred
- Exposure to construction contracts required
We are one of the fastest-growing, privately owned companies in America, completing over 4,000 design/build projects across 48 states. We ranked #15 out of the top 100 design/build companies in the U.S. and #49 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2018. Most importantly, our clients like us, they trust us and want to do business with us. We are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, “Yes!” we look forward to meeting you.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO’s Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent directly to our hiring managers.