D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Attorneyfor their Legal Department. The right candidate will conduct civil lawsuits, draw up legal documents, advise clients as to legal rights, and practice other phases of law by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts research, interviews clients, and witnesses and handles other details in preparation for trial
- Prepares legal briefs, develops strategy, arguments and testimony in preparation for presentation of case
- Files brief with court clerk
- Represents client in court, and before quasi-judicial or administrative agencies of government
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations for businesses
- Confers with colleagues with specialty in area of lawsuit to establish and verify basis for legal proceedings
- Advises corporate clients concerning transactions of business involving internal affairs, stockholders, directors, officers and corporate relations with general public
- Prepares business contracts, pays taxes, settles labor disputes, and administers other legal matters
Directly supervises two or more employees in the Legal Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Licensed Attorney
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook and Instagram!
Primary Location: TX-Arlington
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2020, 11:16:38 AM