PN#24072 OFFICE OF INSPECTOR GENERAL ATTORNEY
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The City of Houston Legal Department strives to provide the highest quality municipal legal services to the City in the most efficient manner feasible through adherence to the following guiding principles:
• Quality & Service – Achieving high customer satisfaction as judged by our clients
• Partnership & Teamwork – Working cooperatively internally and with our clients to achieve the City's goals
• Integrity & Candor – Acting with a commitment to honesty and ethical behavior
• Dignity & Diversity – Demonstrating esteem for the worth of each individual
• Innovation & Imagination – Seeking novel and creative approaches to achieving the City's objectives
Comprised of over 100 of Houston's finest attorneys across ten sections, the Legal Department has the pivotal role in providing legal advice for use internally and externally. Every employee is committed to the Department's motto: "Service Through Law."
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The City of Houston Legal Department is seeking an attorney for its Office of Inspector General to provide legal advice to its clients on matters including discrimination, retaliation, fraud, waste, abuse, and other violations of law involving employee misconduct.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the City of Houston in matter involving discrimination, retaliation, fraud, waste, abuse, and other violations of law involving employee misconduct.
- Gathering evidence.
- Interviewing complainants, respondents and witnesses at every level of the organization.
- Evaluating evidence.
- Researching and drafting legal reports.
- Training city employees on relevant legal issues.
- Drafting, reviewing, and revising city policies.
- Working with local, state and federal authorities.
- Special projects, as assigned.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Houston, TX, Texas