Under the direct supervision of the Attorney Recruiting & Development Manager, and following prescribed department, office and firm procedures, the Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support and assistance to the attorney recruiting department. The Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant is expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Attorney Recruiting & Development Assistant must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
- Enter and maintain applicant data in recruiting database.
- Monitor online applications submitted to the Washington, D.C. office and process as appropriate.
- Generate appropriate correspondence from recruiting database and respond to prospective employees as needed.
- File resumes, letters and other recruiting materials as needed, and create and maintain departmental files.
- Assist with preparation of materials, copying of documents, and tracking attendance for attorney development programs and events as needed.
- Answer department telephones as needed and open and distribute mail.
- Help greet applicants upon arrival and escort them to interviews as needed.
- Assist with tracking applicant travel and hotel arrangements.
- Process check requests and expense reports for the department.
- Order new attorney and summer associate gifts as requested.
- Assist with recruiting, professional development/training, summer associate, diversity, and women’s initiative events as needed.
- Train temporary interns on recruiting database as needed.
- Additional tasks and projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with database applications (recruiting databases a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate with attorneys and staff in an effective manner
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner
- Willingness and ability to assume new tasks and responsibilities
- Strong service orientation and an ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, office and firm management, vendors, and law school personnel
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality of client and office information and adhering to the Firm’s Core Values
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of law firm and professional services experience required
- Experience in a recruiting function or strong interest in recruiting desired
- Event planning experience a plus