The primary objective of this position is to serve as the expert resource for the audio and visual needs for the Health Sciences Institute. Job functions will include designing, installing, troubleshooting, and fixing any AV related issues in the spaces specified. Successful candidates must have good knowledge of the AV industry as well as software-based conferencing applications such as Skype for Business, Zoom and Web Ex. PC and basic networking skills are required for the position.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides proactive and reactive support of all AV technologies and videoconferencing systems in conference rooms, training rooms, and/or public spaces, as well as support of desktop video conferencing software.
- Tests, calibrates, and operates microphones, production switchers, audio mixers, sound speakers, light controls, video data projectors, and other equipment that controls AV.
- Mentors back-up support staff and/or other AV technicians as necessary to help develop their knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Ensures all conference rooms and spaces are ready for daily use, completes weekly inspections, responds to service request, conducts space walks and ensures the tidiness of the environment.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of audio-visual equipment, suggest repairs, storage or replacement of equipment.
- Identifies and correctly manipulates analog and digital signal types, cabling types, audio connectors, video connectors and signal conversion method
- Provides training on the use of video conferencing technologies and conference room AV systems.
- Provides onsite client support for meetings, conferences and events that occur during standard business hours, evenings and weekends.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation and other AV hardware.
10. Performs others duties as assigned.
- 4 Years degree from an accredited college or university or the ability to demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience as audio visual technician
- Experience with these manufacturers preferred: Crestron, Polycom, Cisco
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and written), customer service skills, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks as well as work individually or as a member of a team.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
Activation Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020