Our great Fortune 500 client New York City (Hudson Square) has an immediate opening for a AV Technician. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the role?
If you’re someone who enjoys enabling business through technology, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Our Multimedia team needs someone who has a strong base in conference room AV technology, streaming content and Skype for Business to provide support and produce events.
• Month 1: Ramping up: Understand our scope of work, technical landscape, transition from existing team members and familiarize with key stakeholders
• Month 2: Independent: Participating in executing technology driven priorities; setting up technology for conferences and corporate events, troubleshoot issues, provide technology support
• Month 3: Cruising: Be a fully function member of the team with solid HIGH LEVEL WORKING knowledge of the current technologies in all NM locations
Bring your best! What this role needs:
• Experience in Audio and video conference room technology, live broadcasting through mobile encoders, and troubleshoot Skype related issues
• Breadth of communication skills to understand and provide insights to stakeholders as well as potential users of the various systems and products.
• Customer service oriented mentality and a sense of urgency to provide quality service to our customers. Strong team player
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in the following:
• Develop, implement and manage live, on demand video and audio streaming
• Provide support to various NM locations on technology related to broadcasting and conferencing
• Enhance customer and end user experience by providing AV support for events
• Provide consistent customer service and reliable technology solutions
• Engineer mindset and an aptitude/passion for learning new tools
• Resolve issues and answer questions from users with a sense of urgency
• Collaborate with team on new technology solutions, implementations and upgrades
• Travel to various NM locations as needed during critical team events like planning, training and transitions (10-20%)
• Mentor and guide technicians and analysts on other teams on existing technology
• Familiarity with how to use and set up Skype for Business
• Troubleshoot connectivity and user errors with respect to Skype for Business
• Work with Milwaukee home office to communicate product rollout/update/etc information effectively to target audience
• Understands and can empathize with the end-users/ target audience, answer high level questions on products supported by the department
• Provides good feedback back to product teams in home office on voice of customer. Ability to quickly build strong relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and lead change in organizations
• Experience with video conferencing systems such as Polycom and Crestron
• 5 to 10 years’ experience in multimedia technologies
Nice to Have:
• Troubleshoot, configure and installation, operate of video switcher products such as Barco, audio mixing consoles such as Yamaha QL models, video camera operation, and basic knowledge of production lighting
• Troubleshoot, configure and installation of video encoding with Network and Infrastructure products such as Selenioflex, and Wirecast for live streaming and broadcast media
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178