Our great Fortune 500 client in Hudson Square NYC has an immediate opening for a AV Technician. If you are interested please apply with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a skilled Audio Visual (AV) Technician to join our NYC Headquarters. The position is responsible for coordinating general AV production and presentation services as well as general IT technical support. The position is responsible for providing services for in-house meetings. Early morning and/or evening hours are required sometimes to cover meeting setup and monitoring.
What You Will Be Doing
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers and LCD Displays.
- Troubleshoot AV problems, sometimes last minute or during a meeting.
- Assist with company meetings/functions that require the use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (Polycom, Crestron) operations.
- Setup, monitor (when required) and breakdown of all onsite meetings.
- Perform remote testing and support for local and regional offices.
- Perform day-to-day AV functions, including meeting coordination, end-user training, and troubleshooting.
- Operate videoconferencing hardware and software technologies (Skype, Polycom and Creston) and equipment for presentations and meetings, including Executive support.
- Research and implement best practices to resolve equipment issues.
- Help with conferencing between satellite offices.
- Respond and resolve user support requests.
- Ensure all AV spaces are presentable for use.
- Assist with basic general I.T. technical support and troubleshooting.
What You Need for this Position
- Strong IT experience as it relates to AV.
- Experience with general IT troubleshooting and client support.
- Degree in a related field required, in addition to two years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the following software:
- GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar web conferencing,
- Microsoft PowerPoint,
- Skype for Business,
- Polycom Videoconference.
- Experience with the following hardware:
- Polycom Soundstation,
- Polycom Soundstructure,
- Polycom Realpresence,
- Video Camera,
- Video AV Bridge,
- Crestron Systems,
- Proficient in Microsoft and Apple operating systems including iOS.
- Proficient in basic networking and remote communications.
- Experience with standard video editing technologies.
- The ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Robin Powered room schedulers.
- Creston Powered room schedulers.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178