Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization: VUMC IT Voice & Data Services 108095
The Audiovisual Technology and Services team is seeking candidates with demonstrable skill configuring and managing Cisco Collaboration platforms to include the Call Manager, expressways etc. In addition to general experience managing, administering physical and virtual based LINUX and Windows based servers. Additional experience with ZOOM, WebEx, Jabber, etc., and legacy Cisco/Polycom video conference and audiovisual technology is a plus. This position will support video conferencing infrastructure, software systems and general AV technologies within the medical center supporting in-patient, out-patient, telemedicine, research and administrative services..
This Audio Visual / Video Conference Technician will primarily focus on Cisco video conference technologies while also providing front line support for audiovisual and related systems and services.
This position travels to remote facilities to resolve issues, train personnel, install equipment and coordinate with internal and third parties to implement, support and maintain telehealth, audiovisual and video conference deployments.
A secondary role for this position is the support of audiovisual technologies for more than 300 conference and meeting spaces providing problem resolution, training, vendor coordination, and assistance with technology upgrades.
Ideal candidate has experience in one or more of the following areas: TCP/IP, SIP, Network, Video Conference, Linux/Unix/Microsoft Windows server, AV, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Call Manager (CUCM), VMware virtual server, and/or healthcare/Telehealth.
Specific roles associated with the position include:
- First line of support and Subject matter expert for all video conference technologies systems servers, and video endpoints.
- Configure, manage and support all video conference technologies. Collaborate with telehealth customers, and others to select, configure and deploy video conference technologies to meet the specific use case.
- Author and maintain support documentation and training processes for all video conference consumers.
- Secondary support for all other AV activities provided with the Audiovisual Technology and Services team to include coordination with customers and vendors for all repair and upgrade quotes, management of room and equipment data base recording room and deployed technology information.
Department Specific Skills and Key Responsibilities
- Serve as SME, providing support for video conference and related technologies and services.
- Monitor and manage AV and video conference systems and resources to ensure proper operation and support to ensure maximum availability and performance.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Conduct internal and external analysis, translating information and trends with actionable items and recommendations for improved service and quality improvement. Makes Data Driven Decisions, demonstrating strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Ability to solve medium to complex problems.
- Capable of successfully delivering products and services without loss of productivity while accepting significant changes in environment, workload, and technologies.
- Handles ambiguity and uncertainty with self-confidence and maturity.
- Ability to anticipate resource needs, identify discrete tasks, define dependencies, develop, and execute activities to meet established goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Provides professional and/or technical leadership in the execution of day to day operational activities.
- Communicates within and across area(s) to maximize information sharing around progress, needs, interdependencies and/or accomplishments.
- Facilitates the identification of gaps in service level/processes to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Accepts changes to assignments with minimal disruption and loss of productivity.
- Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units. Uses available time efficiently.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Video Conference technologies include:
SIP, H.323, ZOOM, SKYPE, Jabber, FaceTime and hardware conference systems used in various telehealth, educational and patient deployments. Cisco, Polycom, Tandberg, Lifesize video conference hardware codecs. Cisco video conference endpoints like the SX10, SX20, SX80, DX70 and others used in telehealth and general business use cases across the medical center.
CISCO Call Manager, Cisco Meeting Server / Meeting Manager, Cisco TMS Management server, Gatekeeper / SIP registrar, Cisco VOIP, Cisco VOIP setup and config for Biamp or other DSP, Harman Media Suite video conference recording server, Integrations with TEAMS, SKYPE, and legacy codecs.
About the Department:
VUMC IT provides hardware, software and service solutions for the entire Medical Center. With over 40,000 workstations in the Medical Center, our teams can assist not only with hardware support, but also software and application support and services to enhance security and protection of your information. Click this link below to learn more: https://www.vumc.org/it/it-services
Position Shift: Days
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day: Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Occasional :Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional :Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional :Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional :Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional :Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional :Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Frequent :Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent :Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Frequent :Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent :Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
- Continuous :Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
- Continuous :Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous :Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
- Continuous :Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.