Whitlock has a great opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician to join our team. The Field Service Technician provides technical support to customers through electronic dispatching, performs preventive and corrective maintenance on audiovisual and broadcast systems, provides technical support to projects as needed, and manages customer relationship from a service perspective by providing professional, courteous support at all times.
The preferred candidate will have excellent technical and customer service skills, with a minimum of 5 years experience in servicing audiovisual systems, including LCD/DLP/CRT projection systems, video/audio systems controls and switchers, . Ability to trouble-shoot complex audio, video, and control systems problems is a must. Experience and or familiarity with Crestron and AMX programming is important. Factory training on major brands of audio visual systems and components, including Sony, Barco, NEC, Extron, AMX, Crestron, Planar or Christie is a plus. Government security clearance is a plus.
This is an excellent career opportunity for military trained electronics technicians. OJT and manufacturer specific training available.
Whitlockis avideo collaboration company that provides strategy, management, technologies and support to the world’s largest and most innovative businesses.We believe face-to-face collaboration creates stronger relationships and makes way for both business and personal success. What we give to a customer is the ability to connect, work together and share ideas with a reliable video experience.Whatever you’re trying to do, and who ever needs to join in, we’ll help you share it with the world.
Our company promotes and rewards client-focused behavior, entrepreneurial thinking, teamwork, integrity and a passion for success.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, bachelor’s degree preferable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of audiovisual and/or broadcast integration.
- Past project management, DSP, AMX and Crestron programming experience is preferred.
- Current familiarity with commercial audiovisual, videoconferencing and broadcast manufacturers of equipment, including some direct training such as Extron, Cisco, Polycom, Crestron, AMX, Barco, Christie, Biamp, NEC, Sharp, Sony, Middle Atlantic, Shure and others.
- CTS and CTS-I certifications preferred.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, SharePoint, Skype for Business/Teams, etc.)