JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available athttp://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The JPMorgan Chase & Co Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. The global Audit Department has in excess of 1,000 Audit Officers.
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB, Chief Investment Office (CIO) and Treasury businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage, which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists. This role is for an experienced IT audit professional to join the North America CIB Technology Audit Team covering Markets technology. This position will be based in New York.
- Plan, execute and document audit reports for audits conducted within the Markets business, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards, and complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Work closely with audit colleagues located across the globe in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders.
- Develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency.
- Partner with business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence.
- Bachelor’s degree (or 7yrs relevant financial services experience) required, preferably knowledge of the Credit, Rates, FX, or Equities.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation considered an advantage. Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner.
- Extensive knowledge of application layer controls and system development life cycle concepts with an ability to quickly learn a complex, distributed computing environment.
- Knowledge of data analytics and distributed technologies considered a plus along with a good understanding of controls related to operating system and database platforms.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience in planning and executing audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Also, good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management, and influence change.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships amongst technology and business Audit teams and internal stakeholders. Acts in an integrated manner and demonstrates a proactive and engaging approach during audit planning, execution and reporting.
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues during execution of the audit plan.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility / accountability.