JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business.
The Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Finance Audit Team manages a program of coverage over the CIB’s financial controls, including integrity/accuracy of financial statements, compliance with applicable accounting standards and external/regulatory reporting requirements, adequacy of inputs into capital planning processes, accuracy of management and legal entity reporting, and adherence to the firmwide control policies and standards.
This role is a Senior Auditor – Associate on the North America CIB Finance audit team, based in Plano, Texas. Key responsibilities include execution of audit plan, including evaluation of design and operating effectiveness of controls, documentation of audit testing, and communication of audit results to management. This may include acting as individual contributor or overseeing work of other auditors in planning, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of controls environment.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- Minimum of 5+ years audit, regulatory, or relevant business line/accounting experience
- Prior internal audit or external audit experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Exposure to Capital Markets/financial services industry businesses preferred
- Understanding of broker dealer regulatory reporting a plus
- Exposure to capital planning and forecasting processes a plus
- Ability to effectively and efficiently execute audit testing, complete audit workpaper documentation, manage deadlines, and multi-task
- Ability to work well individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to present issues to management
- Enthusiastic, motivated, willing to learn, and effective under pressure
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the requirements can be consider for an Auditor – Associate position.