JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Corporate& Investment Bank (CIB) Audit is responsible for assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment across the CIB businesses in North America.
This is achieved through a program of audit coverage performed and managed by a team of business and technology audit specialists and coordinated on a global basis with colleagues in APAC, EMEA and LATAM.
In addition, CIB Audit is involved in assessing controls over significant projects, including business reorganizations and acquisitions, technology developments/conversions, off-shoring, and product development.
The CIB Markets audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the various capital markets products traded by the businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage which is performed and managed by a team of integrated financial, risk, and technology business specialists. The position will be based in Plano, TX, and the candidate must be an experienced professional who possesses strong leadership skills and relationship management capabilities, and is knowledgeable of the products and operational and control risks which exist in these businesses.
As a member of the Audit Team you will be responsible for the following:
- Plan and execute all aspects of audit activities, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit reporting, work paper documentation, and verification of issue/action plan closures
- Ensure audits are completed timely and within budget
- Work closely with audit colleagues located across the globe in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders
- Perform monitoring of operational and financial related data to recognize patterns and trends with risk and control implications
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events
- Partner with business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- CPA, CIA, or CFE designation preferred
- For Vice President, minimum 7 years' experience in audit, finance, operational risk, regulatory or relevant business line/accounting experience
- For Associate, minimum 5 years' years' experience in audit, finance, operational risk, regulatory or relevant business line/accounting experience
- Exposure to Capital Markets/Investment Banking
- Ability to work individually and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Proficiency in risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Ability to multitask and influence
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and open to new learning opportunities
- Experience interacting with regulators preferred