JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with an independent assessment of JPMorganChase's (JPMC) control environment. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through the execution of a comprehensive audit program designed to test the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate the risks inherent in each business.
The Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) Finance Audit Team manages a program of coverage over the CIB’s financial controls, including integrity/accuracy of financial statements, compliance with applicable accounting standards and external/regulatory reporting requirements, adequacy of inputs into capital planning processes, accuracy of management, legal entity, and liquidity reporting, and adherence to the firmwide control policies and standards.
This role is a Vice President – Senior Auditor on the North America CIB Finance audit team, based in Plano, Texas. Key responsibilities include development and execution of the annual audit plan, management of audit engagements, oversight over or performance of audit testing, and involvement in audit continuous monitoring by maintaining ongoing interaction with business management, review/analysis of key metrics, and participation in applicable control and governance forums.
- Drive all aspects of audit activities including risk assessment, audit planning, testing, workpaper documentation and review, control design and operating effectiveness evaluation, issue identification, audit reporting, and verification of issue closure. This may entail leading a team of auditors or acting as an individual contributor in planning, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of control environment. Audit process is conducted in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, while providing independent challenge.
- Demonstrate and maintain technical competency, staying up to date with evolving accounting, regulatory and industry developments impacting the CIB Finance units.
- Support a culture that encourages teamwork, integrity, respect, excellence and innovation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline (or relevant financial services experience)
- Minimum 7 years audit, operational risk, regulatory or relevant business line/accounting experience. Prior experience in external and/or internal audit strongly preferred
- Exposure to financial services industry, including Capital Markets/Investment Banking businesses, Broker Dealer and Bank regulatory reporting, capital planning and forecasting (CCAR) processes, and/or Treasury/liquidity reporting processes preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- Self-starter with ability to effectively and efficiently execute audit testing, complete audit workpaper documentation, manage deadlines, multi-task, and oversee work of team members
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management
- Team player, working effectively as a manager and as an individual contributor, sharing information, supporting colleagues and encouraging participation
- Enthusiastic, motivated, willing to learn, and effective under pressure
Note: Candidates who don’t meet the full requirements for the Vice President role may be considered for a Senior Auditor - Associate role