JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, Senior Management and Regulators. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 1,200 professionals worldwide and is responsible for independently assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment across the firm. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage that is performed and managed by a global team of integrated business and technology audit specialists.
The role is for an experienced audit professional to join the North America Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Audit Team to cover the Investment & Corporate Banking/Trade Finance businesses. The position is based in Plano, TX, reporting to the Banking Audit Director in New York, providing audit coverage of core Investment Banking (Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets), Global Trade Finance and Banker coverage across the region.
The successful candidate will perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards, evaluate the system of internal controls and prepare risk assessment matrices, audit programs and audit planning memos as appropriate. You will deliver audit services that consistently satisfy the needs and reasonable expectations of the client by helping them improve the control environment, streamline their business and achieve operational excellence.
Additionally, you will review and/or prepare detailed reports of audit findings, provide sound recommendations, and complete assignments in an efficient manner with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of coverage. You will also partner with Corporate Sector and CIB audit colleagues to ensure appropriate regional coverage of Banking.
- Participate on and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards.
- Partner with colleagues and stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Effectively manage audits and participating auditors where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback.
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- Minimum 5 years of audit or relevant business experience in financial services industry and/or Audit preferred
- Knowledge and preferably experience of Investment Banking (M&A, ECM, DCM), and/or Trade Finance (Letters of Credit, Export Finance, etc), ideally from an audit or risk perspective.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner.
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and IT risks in an integrated manner.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability.
- Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills.
- Some travel to New York and Tampa may be required.