AUDIT INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS
The internship program provides Cornwell Jackson with an effective way to connect with a qualified and motivated group of students. It is the intent of the program that this partnership will provide a meaningful on-the-job learning experience to students who are developing to be future accountants.
Benefits of the Program:
- Valuable work experience
- Potential future employment opportunity
- Excellent experience with actual public accounting situations
- Evaluate and screen firm as potential employer
- Build long term relationships and networking opportunities
Interns work side by side with staff, managers, partners, and clients with the responsibility of providing world class client service. Cornwell Jackson interns receive that same training and are given the same responsibilities as new full-time staff'that means full-time plus. As such, we encourage interns to focus on their internships and plan accordingly.
Our internships provide an excellent opportunity to work in the field, where you will participate on audits, prepare corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns and complete special projects utilizing various software programs.
This internship is paid; interns will receive hourly pay. It is our hope that all of our interns will be joining us full-time once they graduate. For more information about Cornwell Jackson, please visit us on the web at www.cornwelljackson.com.
- The audit internship is a full-time opportunity offered in the spring (January through May) and summer (late May/early June through mid-August.) As an intern, you will do the following:
- Become proficient in assisting clients with routine accounting functions
- Participate on audits and complete special projects utilizing various software programs
- Assist audit team with the preparation of financial statements and audit reports
- Gain exposure to a variety of industries through audit work
- Attend a training session to become familiar with Cornwell Jackson audit programs
- Become familiar and adhere to the Firm's policies and procedures
For consideration we require:
- Working toward a B.A/B.S. in Accounting must meet 90 credit hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Completion of intermediate and managerial accounting courses
- 3.0 GPA or above in major
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (within the Dallas Metro area)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Copy of transcript
To apply for an internship with Cornwell Jackson, please submit your resume and cover letter to: