JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and the firm's regulators. The global Audit Department has approximately 1,000 auditors. As one of the key control functions in JP Morgan Chase & Co, the Audit Department is an independent assessment function established to evaluate, test, and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management systems of internal controls.
The Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Audit Team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across all of the CIB, Chief Investment Office (CIO) and Treasury businesses. This is achieved through a program of audit coverage, which is performed and managed by a global team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
This role is for an experienced IT audit professional to join the North America CIB Technology Audit Team covering Markets Technology. This position will be based in Plano, Texas
- Work closely with business and technology audit colleagues to ensure that key risks are identified and assessed in the program of audit coverage.
- Assist in all aspects of audits including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow up and verification of issue closure.
- Perform audit work in accordance with department and professional standards, and complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of audit coverage.
- Write audit work papers and reports with minimal intervention by the Audit manager.
- Partner with colleagues, stakeholders and control community members to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy
and effectiveness of management controls with appropriate recommendations for improvement. This may be delivered through specific audit reviews or through ongoing involvement in major activities or projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology or Finance with at least 4+ years of internal or external technology auditing experience (Technology background a plus).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation considered an advantage. Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner.
- Extensive knowledge of system development life cycle concepts with an ability to quickly learn a complex, distributed computing environment.
- Knowledge of coding, data analytics and/or distributed technologies considered a plus along with a good understanding of controls related to operating system and database platforms. Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Experience in planning and executing audits in accordance with professional standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Also, good interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management, and influence change.
- Ability to quickly build strong partnerships amongst technology and business Audit teams and internal stakeholders.
Acts in an integrated manner and demonstrates a proactive and engaging approach during audit planning, execution and reporting.
- Team player who works well individually and in teams, shares information and collaborates with colleagues during
execution of the audit plan.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal
responsibility / accountability.