Primary LocationCA-San Francisco
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Are you passionate about coaching and developing a team? Interested in an opportunity to partner with business areas, help provide strategic risk insight on their high priority objectives and initiatives? If yes – then read on!
We need you, a top-tier Audit Manager - CPO who will be responsible for managing a team who audits the Federal Reserve System (System) Cash Product Office (CPO). CPO oversees and supports the entire System’s cash distribution process. Your team will review FedCash Business Operations, National Cash Automation and the Currency Technology Office. In addition, you will lead the System Cash Audit Competency Center and serve on many cash-related oversight and operational work groups. As a valued advisor to management you will offer meaningful insights on risks, effective practices, and efficiency recommendations.
Your people leadership expertise is instrumental for you to develop and lead a team of audit professionals responsible for planning, conducting, and documenting reviews of large-scale programs and projects as well as point-in-time audits.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of highly skilled auditors.
- Serve as a strong knowledge source for a single audit team across multiple Bank operations.
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plan, execute and schedule audit engagements and other tasks approved in the 12-month audit plan.
- Perform audit work, review the output of subordinates, and ensure the completion of special projects assigned to the team.
- Ensure internal processes and governance are operating effectively to ensure reliability of compliance with procedures, regulations, financial reporting, laws and policies.
- Lead meetings and interact effectively with Audit management and all levels of Bank management.
- Participate in or lead System audits or workgroups
- Develop and deliver training to local and system audit
- Complete annual business profile risk assessments for the Bank's operations and functions.
- Assure timely and sufficient follow‐up activity on issues reported by Audit and external parties.
- Support preparation of material for Audit and Risk Management Committee and executive management, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7 + years of experience in the audit and compliance functional areas and typically 5+ years of management experience
- A validated leader who coaches and develops employees to their full potential
- Expert knowledge of internal control systems applicable to operational and technology functions
- Ability to identify process improvement needs and recommend solutions in multiple business areas and is knowledgeable of emerging technologies
- Experienced knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditor's International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF); and the Committee on Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk assessment frameworks
- Knowledge of the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) guide and standards
- Excellent consulting, interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to establish collaborative team and client relationships
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and actions for all aspects of the audit function
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other computer‐ assisted auditing software products
- Knowledge and experience in financial process documentation and financial analysis
- (CIA) Certified Internal Auditor, (CPA) Certified Public Accountant or (CISA) Certified Information System Auditor
- Demonstrates broad‐based knowledge in various Bank functions, operations and Bank/Federal Reserve System policies
- PMP certification is desirable
We offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account, Backup Child Care Program, Pre-Tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and a Retirement / Pension
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.