PBMares is a leading accounting and business consulting firm serving the Mid Atlantic, as well as specialty areas nationwide and internationally. With over 270 employees in Virginia and Maryland, we are a full-service accounting and advisory firm with a strong reputation for integrity and ethical leadership. We are also a firm that has experienced uninterrupted growth throughout our 50-year history. In 2018, we earned the honor of being named as one of the nation’s Top 100 accounting firms by INSIDE Public Accounting, the leading public accounting publication. With so much to offer professionals at all experience levels, PBMares is one firm you definitely want to get to know when you’re ready to move forward in your career.
We’re in search of an Audit Manager to join our team in our Fairfax, VA office. This is a role that oversees and is accountable for all phases of audit engagement for our State and Local Government Audit Team. This position requires a CPA license and acts in a leadership role, setting an ethical and technical example for direct reports and colleagues.
- Applies accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare accurate workpapers for accounting and auditing engagements under the direct supervision of a partner, manager, or supervisor as assigned
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Upholds the firm’s expectations for work quality and professional development as well as the firm’s cultural and core values
- Follows the progress of engagements and helps to identify and research accounting and auditing issues as assigned
- Mentor and coach staff level co-workers as needed
- Participate in firm-wide initiatives and ongoing education opportunities including CPE development
- BS in Accounting or related field
- 8+ years of public accounting experience primarily working for government clients
- 150 hours required by the Virginia Board of Accountancy to acquire a CPA license
- Working knowledge of GAAS, GAAP, and other professional standards and regulations
- Displays the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form