SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Autism Services Assistant will support the Autism Admin and Clinical teams under the direction of the Autism Services Coordinator with various functions including, but not limited to, maintenance of clinic facility, ordering/restocking supplies, receptionist responsibilities, communicating with staff and clients, onboarding entry level staff, developing and managing schedules for staff, maintaining system information, and other administrative tasks.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Autism Admin and Clinical Teams
- Be present at the clinic facility as a support to staff and clients during the work day
- Maintain and clean the clinical work space
- Organize the clinic and fulfill clinic supply requests
- Submit purchasing requests and purchase orders
- Answer the phone, communicate with visitors and clients, and process documentation that may be delivered to the clinic
- Receive and respond appropriately to voice messages, emails, faxes, and mail
- Maintain communication with all members of the team in regards to scheduling changes
- Maintain staff and client information in database systems
- Screen applicants and assist with interviews when needed
- Onboard new staff, collect new hire paperwork, and establish training schedule and oversee staff as they complete training and acquire their RBT Credential
- Assist staff with questions about processes and policies of the Autism Center
- Assist in the creation of schedules for staff and clients in the clinic
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Admin and Clinical teams
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, such as, Outlook, Excel and Word
- One (1) year experience in record keeping systems or secretarial field
- One (1) to two (2) years' experience working effectively in the work force
- Familiarity with applied behavior analysis process and/or autism spectrum disorder
- Awareness of HIPPA guidelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel programs
- Working knowledge of computer printer, fax machine and other common office equipment.
- Typing speed of at least fifty (45) WPM
LAWS, REGULATIONS, POLICIES, PROCEDURES, OR OTHER GUIDELINES:
- KOTM Employee Handbook (KOTM Policies & Procedures)
KOTM believes that the following attributes are necessary to be fully successful in this position:
- Strong written and oral communication
- Critical thinking
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Data management
- Interpersonal communication
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to manage the physical demands of an office job, including sitting for long periods of time at a desk and extended work on the computer
Post-hire requirements must be completed as described below in order to maintain employment.
- Criminal backgrounds check upon job offer and prior to hire, and every five (5) years thereafter.
- Must pass TB test upon job offer and prior to hire.
- Medical certification that employee can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations within two weeks of hire and every five years thereafter.
- Must have at all times a current and valid Utah driver's license and proof of auto insurance that meets at least Utah State minimum requirements.
Evaluations will be conducted by the supervisor at the conclusion of the first 90 days and semiannually thereafter, or at any other time deemed appropriate.
- KOTM complies with all provisions of the EEO and ADA laws. KOTM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, family status, military status, disabling condition, or other protected class.
- KOTM is an at-will agency. This job description is not to be construed as a guarantee of employment.
- KOTM will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities when it is necessary for the performance of the essential functions of a job. Should you need assistance in completing the application or at any other stage of the hiring process, or during employment, please notify us immediately. Your request and/or need for an accommodation will be kept confidential and only shared with individuals with a business need to know of the request.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
- All job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Program Director in collaboration with the Human Resource Director.