MISSION: The Texas Education Agency (TEA) will improve outcomes for all public-school students in the state by providingleadership, guidance,and support to school systems.
Please note that a resume and tailored cover letterarerequiredattachmentsforapplying tothis position. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants who are strongly being considered for employment must submit to a national criminal history background check.
- Technical Assistance and Consultative Support- Serve as a resource to ESC, school personnel, agency staff, and other stakeholders by providing information and guidance regarding evidence-based best practices, rules, regulations, and policies in the area of autism spectrum disorders.
- Technical Assistance Product Development: Lead, support, and/or collaborate with division or agency staff to develop and disseminate high quality, effective technical assistance resources and products such as presentations, webinars, guidance documents, FAQs, and professional development materials based on current state policy and the most recent research on evidence-based practices relevant to autism spectrum disorders.
- Support Statewide Networks, Initiatives, and grants – Oversee, guide, and support the development and execution of effective statewide networks and initiatives through effective project management, grant output/material review, and technical assistance to support LEAs in effectively meeting the needs of students with disabilities.
Education: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university
Experience:At least four (4) years of experience in special education programs that support students with autism.
Substitutions: An advanced degree may substitute for two years of required experience.
- Certified TexasContractManager (CTCM) certificationmust be obtainedwithin firstsix(6)months of employment
- In depth knowledge of the evidence-based practices for students with autism
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized; ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
- Ability to break down complex information into comprehensive parts, ask questions, synthesize and analyze
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in developing, facilitating, and delivering presentations to large and small groups
- A desire to self-reflect, give/receive feedback and continuously improve
- Ability to engage in a collaborative, results-oriented team environment
- Advanced degree or certification in special education or related field with an emphasis on autism spectrum disorders preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability,ageor veteran status,unless an applicant is entitled to the veteran’s preference.
Additional Military Crosswalk (occupational specialty code) information can be accessed.
This position requires the applicant to meet Agency standards and criteria which may include passing a pre-employment criminal background check, prior to being offered employment by the Agency.No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephone calls and cannot reply to all email inquiries. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.