We are seeking entry level, enthusiastic and resourceful Employment Development Specialists (EDS) in Northern, VA to develop, secure, and maintain job advancement opportunities for individuals with disabilities, specifically Autism Spectrum Disorder. This is a full-time position (40 hours weekly) non-exempt with an hourly rate.
- Conducting intakes, inventories, and assessments to establish employment goals
- Conducting job search and placement activities
- Providing job coaching and long-term support services
- Developing positive relationships with businesses, community agencies, other departments, and other vendors
- Providing general case management including detailed report writing
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently manage own schedule and accurately document time
- Perform task and job site analysis on selected job sites to assure appropriate job matches.
- Provide consultation, guidance, and disability awareness training (as needed) to employers and business representatives.
- Communicate regularly with support team members regarding all job search activities and progress of participant on the job.
- Complete accurate and timely monthly billing reports, participant reports, case notes, and other supporting documentation. Accuracy to include, but not limited to, detailed information regarding the supports provided, progress of the individual in achieving employment goals, and excellent grammar and spelling.
- Maintain 100% of case files and records to CARF standards. This includes completing and renewing annual releases, individual employment/service plans, and updating participant’s physical and electronic files as needed and on a regular basis.
- Position sometimes requires work outside of the normal business day which mirror the work hours of the assigned program participant. Therefore, the employee must be able to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and evenings.
- Serve as a liaison between ServiceSource and partner agencies/organizations by attending and participating in relevant staff meetings or in-services.
- Coordinate and participate in interdisciplinary team process and other meetings pertaining to participant’s individual support plan. Prepare annual individual support plans.
- Transport participants on occasion to work trials or assessments.
- Adhere to safety and fire regulations in assigned ServiceSource and co-located work areas
- Frequent local travel, particularly but not exclusively, in all areas of Fairfax County, Prince William, Alexandria, and Arlington.
- Maintain all training required by ServiceSource and participates in additional training required by funding source(s) and/or as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Marketing, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling or an Associate’s degree plus two years of experience working with individuals with disabilities
- 1-2 years of volunteer, internship, or employment experience relevant to this position
- A strong interest in advocating for individuals with disabilities to gain and maintain employment, and achieve independence
- Job, internship, and/or volunteer development/placement experience
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Possess current and valid driver's license
- Have own transportation and willingness to drive throughout the Northern Virginia area
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite software
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities strongly preferred (for candidates with bachelor’s degrees)
- Knowledge and/or experience in ABA therapy and/or positive behavioral support
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking and familiarity with Hispanic/Latino culture, challenges, and preferences
- Experience in marketing/sales
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a well-organized, self-motivated and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and self-manage a schedule
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of all cultures/backgrounds
- Possess outstanding interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to handle confidential and delicate matters with diplomacy and be able to see the big picture as it relates to the overall development of an organization that strives for excellence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
WHAT WE OFFER – FOR BENEFIT ELIGIBLE EMPLOYEES MAY INCLUDE
ServiceSource strives to hire the “best fit” candidate, for this reason, we work hard to provide benefits that offer employees a healthy work-life balance. Therefore, we offer a comprehensive benefit program which features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- A 403(b)-retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for dollar contribute up to 3%.
- Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Programs and Tuition Reimbursement
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase based on your tenure with the company.
When you join ServiceSource, you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become a part of the ServiceSource family, a talented workforce who drive innovation, embrace change, and supports inclusion for all.
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office http://www.servicesource.org/contact-us.We are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information