Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 73837BR Date posted 10/02/2018 City Remote City State Michigan Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a motivated and talented Engineering Lead to be based in Lansing, Michigan.
The Engineering Lead is a part of the Pratt & Whitney Auto Air (PWAA) Compression Systems Module Center Engineering team in Lansing, MI. The Engineering organization at P&W is divided into four Module Centers, including Hot Section, Compression and Mechanical Systems, Fans / Externals and Nacelles, and Product Delivery. The Module Centers are a world-class engineering organization, aligned by component-level hardware in different sections of the jet engine. The Module Centers work in tandem to deliver Pratt and Whitney's trademark Dependable Engines.
As Engineering Lead, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the established on-site production, manufacturing and quality teams, producing hybrid metallic fan blades and structural guide vanes for our Next Generation Product Family of Engines and represent engineering at PWAA
- Enable PWAA success and execution on all technical activities,
- Provide onsite support for nonconformance resolution, process certification activities, engineering producibility changes, limits development and expansion, minor repair development, and other activities needed to support the Lansing assembly and production operations.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the technical team at PWAA
- Mentor and develop the technical engineering team at PWAA
- Lead and support site continuous improvement initiatives, Engineering Export Teams, improving practitioner technical and ACE proficiencies, sourcing strategies, process control/certification, and quality/cost initiatives for all relevant parts and components.
10% Travel is anticipated
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 10+ years engineering, manufacturing, and/ or leadership experience
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Advanced Degree in an Engineering Field or MBA
- Gas turbine engine engineering experience
- Experience working with manufacturing and/or aftermarket shops
- Knowledgeable of Six Sigma
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Analytical skills
- Ability to craft clear communication
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.