Auto Claims Specialist(
The leadership team is looking for someone who demonstrates a high level of technical claim handling expertise and a proven track record of providing exceptional customer service. The candidate must be a professional role model to others on a daily basis through work product quality and verbal communications. The candidate will be responsible for positively influencing the business results through leading by example and demonstrating a can-do attitude in difficult and challenging times. The right candidate will also demonstrate a willingness to take on greater duties and responsibilities to meet the departmental or business need. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to step up in times of high claim volume and business need.
· Analyzing first reports and promptly contacting insured/claimants.
· Effectively evaluating contract language and identifying coverage issues.
· Promptly and appropriately developing the file to provide accurate and timely investigation and loss analysis.
· Maintaining an active file diary to move the file toward resolution.
· Establishing accurate and timely reserves.
· Recognizing and pursuing recovery.
· Adherence to all statutory and regulatory fair claims practices.
· Handling file within Best Practices and SOX guidelines.
· Recognizing and identifying potential fraud claims.
· Effectively managing the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors.
· Effectively evaluating claim facts and negotiating claim settlements.
· Developing strong business relationships with internal and external customers.
· Serve as a technical resource to lesser experienced examiners on the team.
· Provide training in various aspects of claim handling.
· Serve on the supervisor ACD line to handle claim escalations.
· Athenium File Reviews
· Claim floating activities as needed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
· Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques , legal requirements and insurance regulations.
· Ability to work effectively in teams and with a wide variety of people.
· Total Loss claim handling knowledge a plus.
· Personal and Commercial claim handling expertise.
· VIP/FOP and Dedicated Commercial Claim Handling experience a plus.
· Auto CAT claim handling experience a plus.
· Excel in customer Service, Investigation techniques, organization, time management, multi-tasking abilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Innovative thinking
· Positive attitude
· Meeting or exceeding performance goals in Customer Satisfaction and Supervisory Claim File Audits
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Active Adjuster License
Chubb Phoenix-Pinnacle Peak Rd