At United Security Health & Casualty, our employees are our biggest asset! It is our mission to attract and retain intelligent, motivated, ethical employees who strive for excellence and growth, and to keep those employees happy and engaged. We provide the tools and the support our employees need to grow both professionally and personally. We encourage self-improvement and celebrate success by rewarding ideas and results. We realize the strength of teamwork and its ability to join individuals together and push and pull each other, with a synergy that can only be found in groups of good people sharing ideas. Join in on the excitement and become part of our thriving organization!
We are seeking an Auto Claims Specialist with experience in handling Property Damage claims!
Auto Claims Specialist / Property Damage - This talented individual must possess previous experience in the investigation, determination of coverage, prompt evaluation of both First and Third Party auto property damage claims with an eye towards prompt, courteous and economical resolution of both First and Third Party related property damage claims.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and determine course of action on each file assigned, utilizing technical knowledge and experience for the purpose of supporting final disposition of a loss.
- Conduct thorough investigations and keep accurate and relevant documentation of file activity on each claim assigned including coverage liability, status and damages that are applicable for each claim.
- Honor/decline/negotiate first and third party liability claims upon completion of coverage/policy investigation and analysis of damages and liability.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to develop evidence and establish facts on assigned claims.
- Organize, plan and prioritize work activities to keep up with current assignments and to ensure prompt conclusion of claims.
- Prepare and present claim evaluations for the appropriate settlement authority.
- Notify the Underwriting Department of any adverse information uncovered in the course of the investigation.
- Familiarity with unfair claim practices in states where doing business.
- Conduct business with vendors in a professional manner while maintaining a reasonable expense factor and upholding the company's reputation for quality service.
- Provide customer service both to internal and external customers.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years previous auto insurance or other auto related experience A MUST!
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, phone) skills.
- General working knowledge of policies, file procedures, state rules and regulations.
- Ability to pass written examinations where required by state statutes to become a licensed Claims Adjuster.
- College degree
- Prior claims experience
- Ability to use on-line claims system
- Bi-lingual a plus!