Auto Claims Trainee(
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking to hire a Claim Trainee. Individuals possessing a Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree or equivalent experience are excellent applicants for consideration. This is a permanent full-time position and a compelling opportunity to join a growing, financially stable and successful company. As an industry leader, we are an employer of choice for applicants aspiring to develop a meaningful career in a fast-paced, diverse company with offices in many major US cities.
Our blended program is designed to include hands-on business assignments in a variety of disciplines, interactive classroom instruction, team assignments and direct interaction with many of our senior executives. The successful Claims Trainee candidate will have an opportunity to train with the Casualty Claim Department. This candidate will be eligible for opportunities in the Auto Claim Department at the completion of the training.
As part of this program you will receive:
- Business training unique to a career here;
- Technical training to develop skill sets within your chosen discipline; and an understanding of our broader industry
- Interpersonal effectiveness training to help you gain strong communication and interactive skills
- Access to additional training to compliment your professional development.
You, along with your program peers form a unique community of achievers who we believe will become the future leaders of our Company.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Under close supervision, receives assignments and reviews claim and policy information to provide background for investigation and may determine the extent of the policy’s obligation to the insured depending on the line of business.
- Contacts, interviews and obtains statements (recorded or in person) from insureds, claimants, witnesses, physicians, attorneys, police officers, etc. to secure necessary claim information.
- Depending on line of business may inspect and appraise damage for property losses or arranges for such appraisal.
- Evaluates facts supplied by investigation to determine extent of liability of the insured, if any, and extent of the company’s obligation to the insured under the policy contract.
- Prepares reports on investigation, settlements, denials of claims, individual evaluation of involved parties etc.
- Sets reserves within authority limits and recommends reserves.
- Reviews progress and status of claims with Supervisor and discusses problems and suggested remedial actions.
- Prepares and submits to Underwriting unusual or possible undesirable exposures.
- Assists Supervisor in developing methods and improvements for handling claims.
- Settles claims promptly and equitably.
- Obtains releases, proofs of loss or compensation agreements and issues company checks in payments for claims.
- Informs claimants, insureds/customers or attorney of denial of claim when applicable.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Basic knowledge of claims handling concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Analytical, Detailed Oriented
- Customer focus – responsive with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Strong Communication Skills - including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Phoenix-Pinnacle Peak Rd