Parts Authority, founded in 1972, is a leading national distributor of automotive replacement parts, tools/equipment and transmissions. Headquartered in Long Island, New York, Parts Authority is rapidly expanding, and today has more than 200 locations servicing customers in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Ohio, Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington.
Parts Authority has grown through both organic initiatives and acquisitions. Over the past several years Parts Authority has acquired over a dozen companies as part of its expansion strategy. Parts Authority’s catalog of over 3 million parts covering more than 125 million applications, ensures our customer partners receive the parts they want, when they want them.
What makes Parts Authority different is OUR TEAM. Parts Authority has a team of professionally trained, experienced counter people to assist in finding the right parts and the right brand for each application.
Parts Authority carries the best brands in the business for domestic and import vehicles. AC Delco, Motorcraft, Denso, Bosch, KYB, Monroe, Gates, Dorman and Exide are just a few of the more than 400 suppliers from around the world, that Parts Authority partners with to bring our customer partners the best parts.
Each team member plays a vital role in our success. We are rapidly expanding and looking for candidates to join our family! So, if you enjoy full-time employment with the opportunity for advancement, look no further. Join our Parts Authority Team today as an Auto Parts Counter Professional.
The Auto Parts Counter Professional reports directly to the Store Manager and will be responsible for inside sales activity within store. To succeed as an Auto Parts Counter Professional, you must be able to build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers and close sales to achieve goals.
- Build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers
- “Get the Sale!” -close sales to achieve goals
- Work with customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Become familiar with customers and their needs
- Locate parts that are difficult to find and negotiate with vendors to ensure the best deal
- Accurately quote parts to customers
- Follow up with customers who have not ordered recently and ensure that customers have purchased quoted parts
- Track lost sales
- Promote company specials
- Assist another counterman when necessary
- Foster and qualify new sales opportunities with new and existing customers
- Fulfill customer orders from installers, fleets, municipalities and car dealerships to sell auto parts, tools, shop equipment and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in counter sales in a highly competitive market; prior success selling wholesale auto parts particularly in aftermarket industry preferred,
- Exceptional phone skills: positive, enthusiastic and attentive tone to help the customer feel comfortable during the conversation, clear enunciation, exceptional listening skills….leave the Customer Satisfied.
- Existing customer base a plus
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about exceptional customer service and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to build and maintain lasting business relationships
- General automotive knowledge preferred
- Results focused, producer, closer, committed to growth
- Experience with POS system a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically MS Word and Excel preferred
- Time management and organizational skills
- Multi-lingual: Spanish and/ or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus
- Ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives
- Position requires an individual with an outgoing and assertive personality to take initiative, be pro-active, be very positive, and have a “can-do / seize-the-day” type attitude, tenacity in pursuit of goals.
We will give preference and top pay to candidates with many years of directly relevant experience
Some of the benefits of being a part of our growing Parts Authority family:
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts- Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off- including vacation and sick time
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.