Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF JOB:
Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of injury/damage in personal and commercial auto and general liability cases.
Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud. Secure all appropriate supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
Apply knowledge of jurisdictional regulations and case law in all territories handled.
Effectively negotiate liability and damages where appropriate.
Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and monitor cases to achieve timely development and disposition of inventory
- Case load may include litigation with first notice lawsuits
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulation
• An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting contracts and other complex information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state licensures.
**Candidate is required to obtain the adjuster licenses for the required states and obtain state certificates in the required states for the Chubb Claims Service Center within 90 days of hire. In the event you do not obtain a valid state adjuster license and meet the eligibility requirements your employment with Chubb may be terminated.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· 3-5+ years of liability insurance claims adjusting including litigation
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.