Chubb Group is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb Group provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Chubb Group is currently seeking an Auto Technical Specialist Supervisor .
As an Auto Technical Specialist Supervisor, you’re accountable for:
- Supervising a group of Remote Auto Technical Specialist’s (ATS) in the Eastern United States.
- Overseeing the reviewing and re-inspecting of vehicle appraisals prepared by independent appraisers, direct repair shops and internal desk reviewers.
- Perform monthly audits on the work of your team.
- Preparing regular reports on your teams activities and performance.
- Ensuring that all appraisals are completed in compliance with Chubb service standards, statutory regulations, and all Unfair Claim Practices Acts.
- Oversee all external vendors and claim programs within the Eastern territory.
- Actively address all problems and issues within the Eastern territory related to Auto Physical Damage claims handling.
- Provide Chubb Claims Service Centers with assistance in the resolution of appraisal issues.
- Assist in the management of salvage.
- Assist in the resolution and management of Auto related Catastrophes (nationwide).
- Assist in the staff training and education initiatives.
- Maintain an I-CAR Platinum certification.
- Assist in identifying and pro-actively addressing fraudulent claim activity.
- Ensure that your team is licensed in all required jurisdictions.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Requires insurance industry or related experience with the highest level of technical knowledge, skills and proficiency in the following areas:
- Ability to complete an auto appraisal.
- Strong knowledge of current collision repair procedures and determining repair costs.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle damage and loss evaluation.
- Strong knowledge of vehicle estimating databases.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state requirements and guidelines.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Personal and Commercial policy coverage’s.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Training and coaching competencies to impart knowledge to staff and to keep them engaged.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Minimum 10 years of insurance claims or related field experience with a minimum of 5 years of Leadership experience.
Position requires travel (25% or more).
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.