Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Position: AutoCAD Drafter Plant/Location: LaPorte, TX
Reports To: Manager, Mechanical Engineering – LaPorte, TX
Prepare, produce, and revise as required, fabrication drawings for shell and tube heat exchangers per requirements from the Mechanical Engineer and customer specifications, using 2D AutoCAD software.
- Reviews job assignment with Mechanical Engineer and references documents including Quote documents, purchase orders, customer drawings, and sales orders.
- Generates scale cross section drawing and detail views to check for sub assembly placement / interferences. Prepares detailed drawings.
- Checks generated drawings against engineer notes, design calculations/sketches, customer drawings and applicable codes, standards, and customer specifications.
- Makes additions to drawings and sketches as needed to complete detail drawings and Bill of Materials. Calculate weights & center of gravity accurately.
- Calculates and specifies dimensions of parts, materials, and procedures as needed to complete detail drawings & Bill of Materials.
- Creates / completes Bill of Materials incorporating engineering notes.
- Modifies drawings as directed by the Mechanical Engineer.
- Performs electronic file maintenance of drawings, calculations, et al. Ensures support data and documentation needs of internal and external inspectors are satisfactorily fulfilled.
- Sends documents to customer for approval through Document Control as directed by the Mechanical Engineer.
- Works with the Mechanical Engineer to address customer comments.
- Verifies design package has current revisions as listed on the Document Transmittal and Shop Distribution forms and releases design package to production for procurement and fabrication as directed by the Mechanical Engineer.
- Reverse engineer components delivered to shop by creating drawings & BOM from measurements and observations taken.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge - Technical Associates degree from an accredited institution. Show evidence of strong math skills, including geometry. *Familiarity with ASME code Section 8, TEMA and API 660 Standards as well as applied knowledge of all aspects of NDE including, x-ray, UT, PT, and dimensional checks is preferred. *Demonstrate knowledge of fabrication shop practices and procedures. *Possess working knowledge of enterprise and/or database management software.
Skills - Must be able to use drafting AutoCAD 2D software proficiently. Must be a self-starter, purpose-driven, possess a sense of urgency, and be results driven. Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, mechanical aptitude with the ability to multi-task, and a “can-do attitude”, are a strong plus.
Experience – Demonstrated proficiency with 2D software. *Experience in a Code custom manufacturing environment, that provides understanding of fabrication techniques would be beneficial.
Marked w/ * are not requirements if you are recently or about to graduate college.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer