Automated Equipment Mechanic 24x7 Day Shift - SCO0580
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses and related products and services. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com/.
JOB TITLE: Automated Equipment Mechanic
Perform a variety of electrical and/or mechanical maintenance duties including but not limited to set-up, build, repair, and support highly specialized mechanized, electrical, automated or process type machines
- Troubleshoot and repair all production equipment.
- Diagnose and repair specific electronic circuits and controls including Made to Order (MTO) automation line, Automated Rotary Cast Molding line (ARCM), Nano Cells, De-molders, DAC lathes, PLC (Programmable Logic Controls) of CNC (computer numerically controlled) equipment. Diagnose and repair any additional automated equipment brought on site.
- Maintain electrical, mechanical, pneumatic control systems of MTO, ARCM automation, DAC machines.
- Interpret and apply written specifications, schematic drawings, parts lists, prints and sketches to installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment including MTO and ARCM automation lines, DAC lathes.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate technical system problems with support and management groups.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain plant equipment in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Document preventative maintenance procedure in accordance with federal and internal procedures.
- Build prototype machines.
- Assemble, wire and test equipment.
- Fabricate specialized tooling and other machine shop functions to support manufacturing needs.
- Maintain documentation according to Federal and Internal procedures.
- Preventative maintenance
- Standard Operator Procedure (SOP) compliance.
- Record activities in the equipment history system.
- Assist in training other mechanics.
- Perform other duties as directed by department Supervisor. Includes but is not limited to: plumbing, electronics, electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer numerically controlled (CNC) and PLC experience preferred.
- Electronics background preferred.
- Licensed toolmaker, electro-mechanical, machinist and/or electrician.
- Computers, PC proficiency, DAC lathes, PLC (Programmable Logic Controls), hand and power tools, lasers, machine shop machines, building equipment.
- Exhibits good communication skills – verbal, written, and comprehension of the English language.
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and Regulatory requirements.
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- Noisy conditions
- Dusty conditions
- Hot or humid conditions
- Exposure to chemicals or solvents
- Physical Requirements:
- Standing, Walking - 50-75%
- Sitting, Climbing, Bending, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Twisting, Reading overhead - <25%
- Finger/wrist dexterity, Hand/eye coordination, Grasping/pinching - >75%
- Lifting up to 100 lbs. - <25%
- Associate degree or equivalent from two year technical school required; or three years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program, military program or trade school with 2 years of experience.
- 7 - 10 years maintenance experience in PLC (controls), electronics, electrical and mechanical field and/or related fields.
CooperVision®, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Primary Location: United States-New York-Rochester
Unposting Date: Ongoing