The Automated Test II Engineer is responsible for delivering superior, well-tested software to Production by following Software Lifecycle Development (SDLC) and Agile/Lean Methodologies and is responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Own the QA role throughout each project. This includes, but not limited to: consume requirements, write and execute test cases (manual, automated, and if required, performance), monitor testing progress, report status, log defects, track and test defect fixes, choose when and what to re-test, collaborate with team members, monitor project progress, incorporate schedule and scope changes, shepherd the product to delivery and be responsible for the quality of the product by demonstrating areas of weakness to development and product management.
- Analyze and understand requirements to develop a test strategy (test scenarios and detailed test cases) to adequately cover the requirements and create test case documentation. Review the test artifacts with QA and development team and edit accordingly.
- Develop and execute Web and Windows programming through participation in automated application development and performance load testing by writing manual test cases to prepare for automation, learn the automation tools in use, script automated test, and extend the automation infrastructure.
- Perform test execution and document all test results in clear, concise written test details.
- Develop and execute Web-enabled & Windows Forms based application testing.
- Become a QA Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Systems Under Test (SUT) and use that expertise to create, maintain, and extend the manual, automation and load test case library.
- Collaborate with business and development to review business requirements for software compliance, produce documents that are well-documented and clear.
- Participate in team process improvement. Understand Software Development Life Cycle and participate in its continuous process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with QA team to rapidly produce results.
- Exceptional QA abilities with significant technical experience.
- Good communicator, personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively employ both short term and long term project planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritizing complex tasks to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong planning and organizing capabilities with attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft products; Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
- Problem solver, self-motivated, dependable.
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and SQA best practices
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- 4-5+ years of QA SDLC Technical experience
- 3+ years large Enterprise Systems experience
- 3+ years of Programming experience
- 2+ year of Load or Automated Testing experience
- BS/BA preferred
- HPQC / HPUFT experience
- Browser based automation experience
- Load Runner scripting experience
- Windows Forms application testing experience
- Agile Scrum / Lean Methodology experience
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred but not required
- ISTQB CTFL, CTAL or equivalent preferred but not required
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.