Our story is an American story; one that began in a tiny Chicago warehouse in 1918 and continues to this day. It’s a story built on hard work, innovation and old school values. And it’s built on a people first philosophy the people who handcraft each gasket and the people who rely on them.
The story of Fel-Pro is 100 years in the making. You could help us continue to write this story over the next 100 years. Let our story be your story.
With our people first philosophy, we encourage members of our family to participate in its continuing improvement. We embolden our members to ask questions or make suggestions that improve safety and processes. We also understand the importance of your own family, and offer benefits or bonuses for major life events such as marriage, the birth of a new child, and high school graduations.
Not only do we offer competitive pay, depending on the position requirements and candidate qualifications, we offer new members of our family:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Time and Holiday Pay
- Generous 401k with company match
- Clean and Air conditioned environment
- Employee Discount programs
- Free On-Site Gym
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates whose applications show the skill set and background we are looking for. We will follow up your application with a telephone call, then if we feel there is a match we will schedule an in-person interview at our facility. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
3rd Shift: Mon - Fri, 10:05 PM - 6:35 AM
Set up and run Automatic punch press.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and operate Automatic Punch Press.
- Perform data collection.
- Identify process, material and equipment problems.
- Final audit, inspection packing
- 100% inspection
- Move parts by hand using a hand truck.
- Complete daily production paper work including move tickets, quality log sheets and safety checks.
- Run miscellaneous equipment.
- May operate power truck to push, pull, lift or move products, or materials.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings and CBT, and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Operate Automatic punch press
- Understand operation and function of machine.
- Order dies from tool crib.
- Final Audit Certified
- Understand Quality criteria for parts produced.
- Operate hand truck
- Complete forms correctly and legibly.
- Operate miscellaneous equipment,
- Power truck license.
- Ability to read and understand press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend.
- Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
- Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual dexterity to operate machines with precision.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor malfunctions.
- Ability to pull, lift and transport gaskets to and from various locations within the assigned location.
- Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors and temperature extremes.
- Works regularly with trucks where carelessness can result in strains, sprains, cuts and chemical burns.