The Automation Engineer ensures successful completion of both company and client objectives at the project level. The main focus of the Automation Engineer is quality design, development, installation and fulfillment of processes and systems utilized for project execution.
Primary Job Functions
- Project Fulfillment (Technical)
- o Project ownership of applications/projects normally up to $200k.
- o Leads and participates in design and development of automation systems on
- project with multiple team members.
- o Manages multiple internal team members and subcontractors including
- engineering, electrical and mechanical
- o Modifies and maintains automation systems.
- o Tests, troubleshoots and provides solutions to technical problems and assists
- others with technical needs.
- o Writes computer software and programs as necessary.
- o Leads project teams for design, installation, commissioning, project closure and
- o Able to read and interpret technical documentation (P&IDs, schematics, loop
- sheets, manuals, etc.)
- o Participates and leads the following project tasks:
- o Project Kickoff
- o System Design / Procurement
- o Programming / Configuration
- o FAT
- o SAT / Commissioning
- o Close-out Documentation
- Project Fulfillment (Customer Service/Quality)
- o Interfaces with the customer / vendor on project technical requirements.
- o Responsible for overall compliance and quality of projects.
- o Responsible for delivery of all project tasks within allotted project budget.
- o Manages time and expenses within allotted project budget.
- o Contributes to project scope and budget development.
- o Provides project level consultancy and client service.
Secondary Job Functions
- Ability to fulfill the role of Automation Engineer II.
- Ability to lead Automation Engineers I & II.
- Maintains awareness of future opportunities at customer facilities and informs management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of Automation or Controls related experience (Electrical, Computer,
Chemical or other Engineering/Technical degree), or a minimum of 7 years of Automation or Controls
related experience (includes relevant intern, co-op, or basic work experience).
- Experience must include a minimum of 3 years experience managing automation teams and
subcontractors including engineering, electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Technical expertise of various DCS, PLC, HMI, SCADA and other applicable systems.
- Broad understanding of all components involved in automation systems from end device to control
room to enterprise level.
- Knowledge of multiple industry standards (ISA, NFPA, NEC).
- Proficient at reading and interpreting technical documentation (P&IDs, schematics, loop sheets,
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable personal transportation with valid liability insurance.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Available for after-hour, weekend and holidays.
- Available for overnight and extended travel.
- Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, walk and push, pull or lift 50+lbs for an extended period.
Medical, Dental, Vision
Disability, Life, Supplemental Coverage options
401K w/company match
Premium Pay, Bonuses, Relocation