Automation Engineer (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire an Automation Engineer on a 1 year contract basis in Houston.
- Tasked with designing and developing build to test solutions for the Enterprise Security Development and Operations team. You will take advantage of cutting-edge technologies to improve automation capabilities of the infrastructure supported throughout the organization.
- Daily tasks by the Infrastructure Automation Engineer include building the Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure, defining CI best practices, building the CI pipeline, and creating a test automation framework.
- This including working with tools such as Azure DevOps CI/CD Pipelines, ServiceNow, and Ansible
- The role requires that the individual be a consensus builder that works to align systems engineering strategy and design with architectural guidelines, application strategy and business goals.
- Develop continuous integration, deployment, and test automation strategy
- Develop strategic automation tools to improve project quality
- Run automation projects and assessments
- 8-10+ years’ experience in developing automated tests for web application, mobile application or REST APIs
- Experience in Ansible module development in Python (automation configuration tool)
- Experience designing and building automation solutions (Custom or Pre-built)
- Experience coordinating with multiple project teams
- Experience with CI tools (i.e. Azure DevOps/VSTS, Jenkins, TeamCity, Drone)
- Expert knowledge of multiple infrastructures technologies - Hardware, Configuration Tools (Puppet, Ansible, etc), Version Control (Git), Operating Systems, network, storage, firewall, security
- Communication across multiple end users/stakeholders, team player,
- Infrastructure automation experience
- Performing software development, DevOps, or automation experience
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178