Pillar Innovations is now accepting applications and resumes’ for a full-time Automation Manager. The Automation Manager will be responsible for coordinating controls engineers and industrial programmers to provide customer support. This individual plays a key role in the monitoring of all deployed assets related to Automation. This position will support systems and components within various industries that may include, but are not limited to: Automotive, Energy, Manufacturing, Lumber, Agriculture, Defense, etc. Because the Automation Manager is customer-driven position, all candidates must be flexible and willing to work extended hours. This position will require travel to customer sites with some over-night/out-of-town stay.
The Automation Manager will be based out of the Pillar Innovations’ office, located in Evansville, IN. Areas of operations include, but are not limited to: Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky, and Indiana.
Pillar Innovations, LLC is a progressive engineering services company that takes pride in being on the cutting edge of technology. Pillar Innovations offers a diverse product portfolio to fulfill the needs of the energy, mining, environmental, and manufacturing sectors. Regardless of the need, Pillar Innovations is there to provide the safety, communication, and automation systems that our industrial customers depend on to succeed. We invite you to explore opportunities with a rapidly growing organization that encourages career advancement and offers a challenging work environment for its employees.
We offer competitive wages commensurate with experience, outstanding medical, dental and vision benefits, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401k plan and match, paid holidays and paid time off.
- Maintains the daily administration of the automation software production environment scheduling processes, monitoring resources, etc.
- Provides technical support to customers
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Allen Bradley PLCs and RSLogix 5000, 500
- Must have working experience and knowledge of Omron/Mitsubishi/Siemens PLCs, Vision systems, and robotics
- Must possess strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems
- Solution proposal focusing on scalability and extensibility
- Assists with quoting projects
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish goals
- Manages teams and/or work efforts
- Ensuring quality and on-time delivery in all assigned work
- Works with teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design, prototyping testing, defining support procedures
- Formulate planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting strategies
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- A.S. in Industrial Automation, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience in motion control/automation
- Proficient use of engineering software such as AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, SolidWorks, and standard software such as Word and Excel
- Self-Motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in a team or individual setting
- Demonstrated organization skills to assimilate information provided by coworkers, clients, suppliers, and outside organizations
- Ability to convey technical information to members of management, coworkers, and clients
- Provide a positive interaction with customers while representing Pillar Innovations
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Experience in a production support capacity
- Knowledge of business operations
- Experience with personnel management
- Good communication and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb ladders and stairs; crawl; kneel
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment
- This position requires the completion of a thorough background and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. In accordance with Pillar Innovation’s Drug and Alcohol policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing as requested.
Pillar Innovations is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.