Idaho Forest Group is currently seeking an Automation Technician to join our team.
• Comprehend and perform all duties in accordance with rules, regulations and JSAs
• Perform electrical maintenance
• Troubleshoot faulty electrical equipment
• Troubleshoot PLC and computer program problems
• Keep PLCs, drives, SMCs, and related modules up to date with the latest firmware
• HMI, optimizer, PLC and other controls/automation hardware upgrades plant-wide
• Make required changes to programs as needed
• Manage projects that are predominantly controls/automation oriented
• Scanning and data collection installations
• Design HMI and Panel-view screens to increase operator awareness and ease of troubleshooting
• Program reader boards
• Other duties as needed
• Journeyman license preferred
• Industrial/manufacturing experience desired
• Electronics Technology education preferred
• Demonstrated knowledge of programming and electrical/controls required/PLCs (Allen Bradley preferred)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Valid Driver’s License is required for business travel
As a condition of employment, Idaho Forest Group requires employees to complete a variety of pre-employment screening processes which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug and substance test, reference check, prior work verification, driving history (MVR), education verification, aptitude/skills testing, and credit checks. The depth of screening will vary based on the position.
Move safely, quickly, and perform duties with repetitious movement. Sit and/or stand for shift, reach with hands and arms, stoop, squat, twist, push and pull, maintain balance, bend at the waist, kneel, walk varying distances, and climb stairs. Must be able to tolerate all weather elements, loud conditions, vibrations and airborne particles (sawdust).
Idaho Forest Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, family medical history, or any other status protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact Human Resources at 208-762-6630 and/or email@example.com.